Tuesday 8 January 2013

New beginnings

So it seems to be a new year and I'm feeling guilty about many things, including:

1. Not having blogged for ages
2. Not doing as much yoga as I would like/need to
3. Eating too much and working too little

However, 2013 is the year to change all that.

Since I last wrote life has been full on Christmas madness, but in between the mince pies, nativity plays, present frenzy and port drinking, I have been reading yoga books in preparation for the start of my teacher training course at the end of January and have also cleaned my kitchen so vigorously that it has been approved by the council for me to start my micro bakery when I am ready.

I now have a mountain of baking books, lots of new twitter bread buddies and an in depth knowledge of how to prevent cross contamination in a commercial kitchen. Most shockingly of all, instead of splashing out at the sales on shoes and sparkly things, I have spent all my Christmas money on loaf tins, cleaning products and stretchy yoga clothes.

In short, I have the theory and the gear sorted for getting both sides of my dream off the ground this year, now it's time to actually make it happen.

The tricky bit will be finding the time for it all whilst trying to keep everything else going as well. I'm fairly sure there will be some tears and trauma along the way, but I'm up for the challenge and hoping that by the end of 2013 I'll have a lot more to write about in my blog and a lot less to feel guilty about.

New Year's Resolutions sorted.

Oh, I'm going to walk up more mountains too.

No comments:

Post a Comment