Sunday 27 January 2013

Feeling seasonal

This weekend was the first week of yoga school with Seasonal Yoga Teacher Training in Glasgow. It was great, but tough and as with most things in my life I've probably not given enough thought before I get started on something about what I'm actually getting into. My justification for that is always that if I spent too long considering what I want to do I would never get round to actually doing it. It's a high risk approach maybe, but in the end I think life is too short to play the 'wait and see' game.

What did I learn at yoga school? That I have wonky shoulders, muscles in places I didn't know existed and a lot to learn. The whole philosophy of the course, however, ties in perfectly with the premise of this blog. It champions the need to get back to basics and reconnect with the natural flow of the seasons in body, mind and stomach.

At the end of the year I hope to have found the inspiration, motivation and head space I need to get my plans for a different life off the ground and the skills to be able to pass some of the benefits of that onto others. If I could also drop a few pounds, have perfect posture and be a little saner then that would also be a bonus!

Meanwhile the crazy juggling of life continues. This week the reality of trying to balance 'real' jobs with family life, baking and sun salutations hit home. The fact that both my husband and I were away from home for most of the week for work and that the weather was conspiring against us did not help matters.

As a result of all of this plus cleaning, bowling with the kids to remind them who we are, a live strictly come dancing show and an impending appraisal, I am now writing this at 6am whilst my second batch of sourdough's bake for this weeks bread club after four hours sleep. Given that in winter Seasonal Yoga teaches that we should be conserving our energy I know this is all going to come at a cost. I'm exhausted, but the weird thing is, I'm kind of enjoying it because I think although the track is going to be a long, tiring and bumpy journey it's also fun, exciting and heading in the right direction. I just might need to stop for a quick snooze at the next station.

No comments:

Post a Comment