Tuesday 4 September 2012

Cookbook heroes

If you could marry a chef who would it be? It doesn't matter if they are male or female, straight or gay, fat or thin, nasty or nice, this is all about the dinner they'd make you every night at the end of a long day whilst you sipped a glass of wine in your ever expanding, elasticated trousers.

These are the ones whose cookbooks you buy just to imagine eating the food within them, spending hours drooling over the pictures. It wouldn't make a difference if you never made any of the recipes, but when you do, you love them just a little bit more each time.

My husband and I have an agreement that we would leave one another instantly if Nigel Slater or Bill Granger offered to shack up in our kitchen. There is a similar (slightly more one sided) policy in place about any member of Take That or Michael Buble.

I made Bill's char sui ribs from his Asian cookbook tonight with oven baked ginger, lemongrass and pea rice. As I watched my normally annoyingly fussy four year old wolf it down, I knew he'd also be up for the agreement. Now we just need to track him down.

No comments:

Post a Comment